Home Owner Association Management
Home Owner Association ( HOA ) management guides boards on best ways to care for common areas and manage the appearance of the community to maximize valuations working with a diverse group of people.
- Providing professional consultations
- Negotiating service contracts/supply agreements
- Reviewing property conditions and enforcing governing documents
- Assisting the board/committee in the resolution of member disputes
- Establishing and maintaining a resale/rental oversight
- Completing and processing resale certificates, and providing assistance to owners and real estate agents selling homes within the association
- Annual meeting assistance, from setup and mailing of meeting notices and announcements, to help in securing a quorum
- Meeting agenda compilation and distribution
- Responding promptly to all requests for service or emergencies, 24/7, 365 days a year
HOA management should...
- Be flexible and able to meet your community's specific needs
- Provide excellent, yet affordable service
- Generate positive and consistent results for your homeowners
If you are...
- Struggling to identify volunteers to serve on the association board and committees
- Finding that the same people are serving on the board year after year
- Experiencing poor attendance at meetings and the lack of a quorum is making it difficult to conduct business
- Wanting to enhance and maintain property values through consistent covenant enforcement... but remain neighborly